My personal blog about chess and everything what is related to this sport. Here you will find only subjective articles. There are no news from chess worlds. No scores, no analysis. Only my own opinions.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Expensive game

Chess is the game which is expensive. Even if you think it isn't expensive, you are wrong.
I was thinking how much do I need to achieve a success in this sport (whatever it means...).
What is my conclusion?
First of all, I would need a couch. The person who will be teaching me is most important cost in my career. Not everyone can be a teacher, so if I want to have a good person I need to spend a lot of money.
I need to have also rich parents. They should be able to pay for everything you need.
I cannot work at all, because I need a lot of time for trainings (let's say 6 hours per day).
I need money for tournaments. I don't mean the ones with poor player. I need to play in strong tournaments with high ratings. There is no sense to play againts opponents with the same level like me.
As you can imagine, life of chess player is not easy. The problem may be if you spend a lot of money and immediately you realize you don't like this game or... you don't have talent? What then?
Try to imagine if chess is really the sport you want to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment